Becoming a Nurse Advocate
As a nurse advocate, you’ll speak up on behalf of nurses. It’s an empowering and inspiring role that can help promote change for your colleagues, patients, and the healthcare industry as a whole.
- Be involvedMeeting up with your colleagues regularly can help you influence the rules, policies, and processes in your workplace and beyond. It’s one of the best ways to improve your environment and make sure you’re able to provide the best care.
- Be an inspirationLet people know how great it is to be a nurse today. Share your experiences, offer advice, and encourage people to consider nursing as a first or second career. Consider working with your local school system to talk to students in elementary, middle, and high school about a career in nursing. Early connections are important, as students considering a career in nursing should be concentrating on math and science courses in high school, to prepare them for nursing school.
Innovate with us
We are proud to announce the Johnson & Johnson Nurse Innovation Platform, featuring three programs focused on building skills, developing leaders, and advancing nurse-led innovation in healthcare for nurses at every stage of their careers.
Latest from Johnson & Johnson Nursing
- The future of nursing starts in the classroom. At Johnson & Johnson, we’re proud to amplify nurse-led programs and practices that find innovative ways to prepare, strengthen and empower the next generation of nurses. Below, read more about four best-in-class pilot programs investing in nursing education, funded by the American Nurses Foundation, so new nursing graduates are ready to practice.2022-08-09T19:14:50.720Z
- When health systems tap into the true potential of nurses, the outcomes are actionable, enduring drivers of healthcare transformation. In new research, Johnson & Johnson, American Nurses Association and the American Organization for Nursing Leadership set out to quantify critical learnings and promising nursing practices uncovered during the pandemic, and below, four exemplar nurse leaders share real, replicable examples of barrier-breaking nurse-led innovation.2022-08-09T19:03:14.897Z
- In June 2022, Johnson & Johnson was a proud presenting sponsor at Aspen Ideas: Health, an annual health and medicine conference bringing together visionaries, activists, clinicians, entrepreneurs, researchers, policymakers, innovators and executives for thought-provoking discussion around some of the most important topics facing the healthcare industry today.2022-07-14T13:06:03.293Z