You’ll work with nurse midwives and doctors during labor.
You’ll teach women and men about prenatal health, what to expect during pregnancy, childbirth options, postpartum issues, and how to care for and bond with their new baby.
You’ll perform routine tests and look after your patients throughout pregnancy, and for the first few weeks after the birth.
- Community health organizations
- Doctors’ offices
- Home Health Services
- Medical evacuation and transport
- Neonatal intensive care units
- Long term care centers
You can get certified by the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal nurses.
Many employers require Perinatal Nurses to earn Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist credentials.
You’re ready to work as a Perinatal Nurse.
- As a hospital-based nurse, Kwamane Liddell saw how important it was for patients to have healthy meals tailored to their medical needs. Liddell created Nutrible, a technology platform that helps healthcare providers connect patients with healthy food aligned with their medical and cultural needs. With an understanding that health happens outside of the hospital, nurses like Kwamane are addressing health disparities and transforming care delivery every day.2022-11-11T14:40:45.414Z
- Nurse-led, multidisciplinary health system teams took center stage to pitch their solutions for redesigning a healthcare workplace where nurses and other health care professionals can thrive. Meet the 2022 NurseHack4Health Pitch-A-Thon awardees.2022-10-17T18:03:50.783Z
- Nurse-led, multidisciplinary health system teams took center stage to pitch their solutions for redesigning a healthcare workplace where nurses and other health care professionals can thrive. Meet the 2022 NurseHack4Health Pitch-A-Thon awardees.2022-10-17T18:03:18.680Z