Working to Diversify Nursing Workforce & Strengthen Readiness to Practice
Inspire and support BIPOC students to enter the nursing profession, foster nursing career exploration, and better prepare new nurses for clinical practice through academic-clinical partnerships, diversified clinical experiences, and clinical skill development. Find out how we are working to diversify the nursing workforce and strengthen its readiness to practice with these resources.
- Foundation of National Student Nurses’ Association Diversity ScholarshipsThe Johnson & Johnson Our Race to Health Equity initiative and BAND-AID® Brand have partnered with the Foundation of the National Student Nurses Association (FNSNA) to provide need-based scholarships for diverse nursing students across the country. Scholarship applications for the 2022/2023 academic year are open now.
- National Black Nurses Association Diversity ScholarshipsThe BAND-AID® Brand has also established a multi-year commitment with the National Black Nurses Association (NBNA) to provide need-based scholarships for Black nursing students to increase representation in the nursing field and help achieve health equity in diverse communities.
- Next StepSupported in part by an investment from Johnson & Johnson Impact Ventures*, NextStep is a free training program that prepares individuals to become CNAs. The training program combines digital content with in-person practice labs and on-the-job clinical experiences. The program is funded by employers who provide job placements. NextStep is currently available in Colorado, Oregon and Washington State.
- J&J Nursing WebsiteThe J&J Nursing website provides resources, information and inspiration for nurses, nursing students, and people considering a career in nursing. Get inspired by stories of nurse-led innovation, tap into practical resources to learn how to bring innovation ideas to life, find scholarship and information on nursing specialties, plus much more.
* Johnson & Johnson Impact Ventures, a fund within the Johnson & Johnson Foundation, is an investor in NextStep
Our Commitment to Nurses
In addition to working to diversify the nursing workforce and strengthen readiness to practice, learn more about Johnson & Johnson's other nursing priorities here:
- Follow UsGet inspired by all the latest news and information.Subscribe to Notes on Nursing, our monthly news digest.