See You Now Podcast
60: Reporting Powers: Rehearsing The Future
While the recent pandemic caused devastating loss of life and strained health systems, it also brought into sharp focus nurses’ pivotal role in healthcare and their enormous, and largely untapped potential to shape patient care, rethink how healthcare is organized, and where it’s delivered.
Moved by the unprecedented stress and strain on nurses and our health systems, Johnson & Johnson, in partnership with the American Nurses Association and the American Organization for Nursing Leadership, set out to understand the various ways that the nursing profession evolved amidst the pandemic. From the stories and data emerged the pointed Accelerating Nursing, Transforming Healthcare report -- one that offers a deeper understanding on how the pandemic transformed nursing practice and how the momentum of these innovations can steer us to a much better and preferred future of the profession.
In this first of a multi episode series, we center on the Accelerating Nursing, Transforming Healthcare Reportand how it coincides with the National Academy of Medicine’s Future of Nursing Reports, and The Future Today Institute’s Tech Trends Report to serve as relevant, actionable playbooks for reducing uncertainty, managing complexity, and building on the momentum of positive change emerging from the COVID pandemic to accelerate nursing and transform healthcare.
Guest(s) Featured in this Episode
• Sue Hassmiller PhD, RN, FAAN Sr Adv Nursing, RWJF; Dir. Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action; Sr Scholar in Residence National Academy of Medicine
• Amy Webb Futurist, Author, Founder & CEO of the Future Today Institute
• Lynda Benton Senior Director Strategic Initiatives Global Community Impact Johnson & Johnson
• Sue Hassmiller The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. National Academy of Medicine
• Amy Webb The Future Today Institute
• Lynda Benton Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact
• Accelerating Nursing, Transforming Healthcare Research and HighlightsJohnson & Johnson, American Nurses Association (ANA) and the American Organization for Nursing Leadership (AONL)
• The Future of Nursing Report 2020-2030: Charting a Path to Achieve Health Equity
• The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health (2010-2020)
• Look to nurses to help accelerate the transformation of health care - STAT
• The Future Today Institute
• 2021 Tech Trends Report
• Amy Webb: Emerging Tech Trends Report/SXSW Live Studio
• Open Source Foresight Frameworks and Tools
• The Future of Healthcare Lies With Nurses
• How Do We Keep The Nursing Shortage From Getting Worse?
• Trust Us. Nurses Are at a Breaking Point