See You Now Podcast
On a daily basis, we trust nurses with billions of dollars of equipment, critical procedures, and our most important assets: the people we love. But they’re doing so much more behind the scenes.
On a daily basis, we trust nurses with billions of dollars of equipment, critical procedures, and our most important assets: the people we love. But they’re doing so much more behind the scenes. More Less
SEE YOU NOW is a podcast that shines a light on the real people changing the status quo in health: from nurses working in labor & delivery, with infectious diseases, and in hospice; to nurse allies in politics, business and tech. Created in collaboration with Johnson & Johnson and the American Nurses Association.
Listen to our Trailer
Listen to the SEE YOU NOW Podcast & Earn Free CNE
Curated SEE YOU NOW podcast bundles offer four free Continuing Nursing Education credits each. Download the bundled listening tracks via the American Nurses Association's website.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 1 - Culture & Mindset
There is no shortage of headlines about healthcare’s challenges. As we begin a new year, we’re encouraged by the beacons, the health organizations listening, taking action, and evolving to create workplace environments where people thrive. So, what’s working in healthcare? Across three episodes focused on redesigning work, we’ll hear how change is in the air as new models and mindsets are embraced, revolutionizing hiring, mentorship, career planning, and more.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 2 - Workforce
In this second episode of our series on redesigning work, we meet Iman Abuzeid, the co-founder and CEO of Incredible Health, a rapidly growing tech-enabled company revolutionizing the nursing career marketplace. Iman shares insights on what nurses are seeking, and need, to provide impactful care, how to build workplace cultures that actually serve and support nurses, and how curated career experiences drive nurses’ professional advancement, stabilize the workforce, and bring joy back to nursing.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 3 - Workplaces
In this third and final episode of this series, we hear from four forward thinking nurse executives – Kathy Howell, Chief Nurse Executive, UCHealth, Maureen Sintich, Chief Nurse Executive, Inova Health System, Maggie Swietlik Chief Nursing Informatics Officer, Inova Health System, and Kathleen Sanford, Chief Nursing Officer, CommonSpirit Health. These leaders are listening, and flexing their creativity, innovation and influence to design and build careers for their workforces that are flexible, flourishing, advancing and resulting in environments where nurses thrive in and outside of the workplace.
SEE YOU NOW Episodes
Sort by: Tag
American Psychiatric Nurses Association (1)
Community Healthcare (1)
Environment and Health (26)
Health & Technology (13)
Health Equity / Diversity (34)
Health Systems (38)
Healthcare Innovation (2)
Nurse Entrepreneurs (4)
Nurse Leaders (35)
Nurse Stories (25)
Nursing Associations (2)
Nursing Education (10)
Nursing Specialties (4)
Oncology Nurse (2)
Policy and Practice (16)
Primary Care and Access to It (10)
Protecting the Workforce (15)
Rooting Out Racism in Healthcare (7)
Technology-driven Care (19)
Wellbeing & Mental Health (37)
Women's / Maternal Health (4)
Workforce Diversity (15)
Workplace Culture (15)
- 2023-08-10T13:43:39.463Z| 41 minIn this episode, we explore with Kimberly Gordon, DNP, CRNA, co-founder of the nonpartisan non-profit Healing Politics, why nurses and midwives need to get politically engaged, run for elected office up and down the ballot, what campaign training sounds like, and how to build a culture of civic engagement within the nursing professionsMore
- 2022-11-05T23:58:38.263Z| 29 minAnna Young, the co-founder and CEO of MakerHealth, is bringing makerspaces into hospitals and putting technology and fabrication capabilities directly in the hands of frontline teams, such as those at UnityPoint Health Cedar Rapids, led by Nursing Research & Innovation Coordinator Rose Hedges, DNP, RN. In this episode, Anna and Rose share how makerspaces create the conditions that champion and recognize nurses as designers, device manufacturers, and app developers, and bring a sense of empowerment and autonomy to nurses.More
- 2022-05-24T20:42:35.548Z| 45 minSamantha Roecker, RN has a “track record” (pun intended) of breaking many barriers and stereotypes and her success in competitive running combined with her experience as a nurse drove her to combine her passions to raise awareness and drive change for nurses. In this episode, we talk with Samantha about the impact stigma has on nurses’ ability to reach their full potential, what really defines a nurse, the power of mental health support, and the surprising overlap between nursing and competitive running.More
- 2022-05-06T17:18:04.821Z| 51 minIn this episode, we learn how a health system’s leadership demonstrates their commitment to the wellbeing and flourishing of their team members; the rather unlikely story of nurses, singing, and stardom; and the surprising healing power of the arts. Special thanks to nurse and tenor singer Winnie Mele, RN, BSN, NE-BC, nurse and soprano singer Keshia Jaboin, RN, BSN , and Allison Lowenfeld from Northwell Health’s corporate marketing team for sharing their story, experience, and voices.More
- 2022-02-22T20:47:28.956Z| 19 minWe checked in with school nurse Liz Pray, MSN-Ed, RN, NCSN in Washington State to learn about the role of a school nurse during a pandemic, how she is experiencing this moment, learning from and gaining strength from the support of her national school nursing community, and why school nurses are more important and essential than ever.More
- 2021-07-30T18:15:13.282Z| 1 hr 5 minIn this episode, as part of the growing Civic Health movement and its nationwide effort to expand and normalize healthcare settings as community touchpoints for voter access and engagement, we’re taking a closer listen to the experiences and insights of three civic health innovators who provide compelling evidence and data for why healthcare settings and healthcare professionals are particularly effective messengers and catalysts for voter engagement. Together, they have collectively created and built NursesWhoVote, Democracy at Discharge, Vot-ER, and the Healthy Democracy Kit.More
- 2021-06-18T20:14:06.384Z| 45 minIn this special edition of SEE YOU NOW, we’re honoring our very first national Juneteenth holiday. As a podcast focused on how nurse-led innovation is strengthening our healthcare systems and transforming lives, we’re marking this historic moment with a health equity playlist to amplify and elevate the scholarship, innovation, leadership, and contributions of Black nurses toward building healthier communities, families, and experiences.More
- 2021-06-04T18:33:44.297Z| 51 minThe health of our planet is in serious condition. Climate change is anticipated to result in increasingly warmer global temperatures, more extreme weather events, and rising sea levels. Without accelerated intervention and broad scale innovation across all economic sectors, we face devastating effects on global water and food supplies, critical infrastructure and supply chains, physical and mental health, and a less certain future. Understanding the impacts of climate change on human health is vitally important for the global population.More
- 2021-04-30T19:35:52.540Z| 1 hr 0 minIn this episode, we learn from health influencers, hackers, and innovators Jane Sarashon-Kahn, MA, MHSA; Chris Recinos, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, NEA-BC; Anthony Scarpone-Lambert, BSN ‘21, and Jennifferre Mancillas, BSN, RN, RNC-NIC about how hackathons have impacted their thinking, skills, lives, career trajectory, as well as the landscape of innovative health solutions and products. And -- why you should register your interest at NurseHack4Health.org.More
- 2020-03-02T18:27:22.860Z| 45 minIn this episode, Dian Baker, PhD, APRN-BC, PNP, PHN and Shawna Butler discuss the significance of nurses taking the lead in developing partners for scaling innovative solutions across an enterprise and why dental care, as well as mental healthcare, should be a larger priority in every healthcare setting.More
The SEE YOU NOW Team
Contact the SEE YOU NOW Team
Questions? Comments? Feedback? We love to hear from our listeners.
Meet Shawna Butler: Host of the SEE YOU NOW Podcast, Nurse Advocate, and More
Shawna Butler, RN, MBA is a nurse economist, health tech catalyst, host of the SEE YOU NOW podcast, and above all—a relentless advocate for nurses everywhere. We spoke with Shawna about her career path, how she leverages her nursing expertise in a wide range of roles, and why she is so enthusiastic about the SEE YOU NOW podcast.
Nurses You Should Know: Helping Change the Nursing Narrative
Nurses of color have long-shaped the nursing profession and transformed healthcare, but their stories are underrepresented in the broader nursing narrative. A new nurse-led project, “Nurses You Should Know,” is using storytelling to help close the representation gap by amplifying their contributions.
A Year of Igniting Nurse-Led Innovation with the SEE YOU NOW Podcast
How has the first year of the SEE YOU NOW podcast series helped amplify nurse innovation? Oriana Beaudet, DNP, RN, PHN, Vice President of Nursing Innovation for the American Nurses Association, celebrates an inspiring and innovative year and shares her biggest takeaways from the series in a new featured article.