See You Now Podcast
44: Way More Than a Health Plan
There is a growing body of evidence and experience supporting our understanding of and investing in the social determinants and drivers of health—the conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work and age. We’re seeing that manifest with a wide range of innovations in every corner of our healthcare delivery system, including innovations in health plans, health insurance, and payment and delivery models. In this episode, meet nurse and health plan innovator Karen Dale, MSN, RN, Market President and CEO for AmeriHealth Caritas, and dive deep into the details of how innovations in health plans and health insurance can and should focus on getting you care, helping you stay well and build healthy communities.
Guests Featured in This Episode
● Karen Dale, MSN, RN
● AmeriHealth Caritas
● Building a Better Delivery System
● Transformational change in health care systems: an organizational model
● The RAND Corporation, The Future of U.S. Health Care: Replace or Revise the Affordable Care Act?
● In Search of the Perfect Health System by Mark Britnell
● The Healing of America: A Global Quest for Better, Cheaper, and Fairer Health Care by T.R. Reid