Notes on Nursing Live Podcast
Listen to exclusive interviews, panel discussions, covering all the hot topics and latest news in nursing.
71: Meeting of Minds: Around The World, Nurses Say…
International Nurses Day is an important opportunity to check the pulse of nurses around the world, especially in 2022. Nurses have given their all in the response to pandemics, natural disasters, and in war zones, in leading mass COVID-19 testing and vaccination efforts, and in completely redesigning how and where care is delivered. The value of nurses has never been more clear. Nor could it be any clearer that not enough is being done to protect nurses and other health workers, tragically underscored by the more than 180,000 health worker deaths due to COVID-19 and the alarming increase of mental health conditions and concerns nurses report.
- Diversity and Inclusion Innovator Dr. Kenya BeardIn this episode of Notes on Nursing Live, I interview Dr. Kenya V. Beard, a nurse researcher, educator, and the leader of the recent National League for Nursing (NLN) “Diversity & Inclusion: Facilitating Race-Related Discourse that Matters” workshop. We chat about creating more inclusive nursing workplaces and the need to develop the leadership abilities of culturally... The post Diversity and Inclusion Innovator Dr. Kenya Beard appeared first on Johnson & Johnson Notes on Nursing Live.2018-12-18T11:38:31Z
- Neonatal Wound Care Innovator Roxana ReynaIn this episode of Notes on Nursing Live, I interview neonatal wound-care expert and innovator Roxana Reyna, a nurse practitioner who specializes in wound care for neonates and children. Roxana creates wound care dressings for these tiny patients by using wound care products typically designed for adults, custom fitting her patients’ needs to help heal... The post Neonatal Wound Care Innovator Roxana Reyna appeared first on Johnson & Johnson Notes on Nursing Live.2018-12-14T15:31:56Z
- The Chicago Parent Program with Wrenetha JulionA look at the innovative Chicago Parent Program in this episode of Notes on Nursing Live. I interview Wrenetha Julion, one of the nurses behind the Chicago Parent Program at the Rush University College of Nursing in Chicago, Illinois. The Chicago Parent Program is a 12-session, evidence-based program created for parents of young children (between two and five years old) that is designed to meet the needs of a culturally and economically diverse audience. The post The Chicago Parent Program with Wrenetha Julion appeared first on Johnson & Johnson Notes on Nursing Live.2018-11-25T07:15:59Z
- Nurse Innovation Advocacy with Hiyam Nadel MBA, BSN, RNNurse Innovation Advocate Hiyam Nadel MBA, BSN, RN chats with host Jamie Davis, RN, BA, NRP (ret). Hiyam is the nursing director of the Obstetrics and Gynecology department and an innovation specialist at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. She educates nurses about opportunities to innovate and helps them to bring their ideas to life through Mass General’s Innovation Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) Grant Program. Join us as we talk to her about her work as an advocate for nursing innovation in healthcare. The post Nurse Innovation Advocacy with Hiyam Nadel MBA, BSN, RN appeared first on Johnson & Johnson Notes on Nursing Live.2018-11-20T07:15:20Z
- Congenital Heart Disease Newborn Assessment Tool with Nurse Elizabeth MikulaIn this episode of Notes on Nursing Live, I interview innovative neo-natal cardiac care nurse Elizabeth B. Mikula, MSN, RN, CPN, CPHQ. Elizabeth is the Division Director of Quality and Resource Management for HCA Capital Division in Richmond, Virginia. Prior to that position, she led efforts to implement newborn screening for critical congenital heart disease (CCHD) and created an innovative screening toolkit to detect CCHD in newborns, which is now in use across the United States and around the world. Join us as we talk about her innovative work with these critically ill babies and dive deeper into the importance of nurse-led innovation in positive healthcare change. The post Congenital Heart Disease Newborn Assessment Tool with Nurse Elizabeth Mikula appeared first on Johnson & Johnson Notes on Nursing Live.2018-10-31T10:08:00Z
- Show Me Your Stethoscope Founder Nurse Janie Harvey GarnerOnline nursing communities innovating patient care in this episode of Notes on Nursing Live, I interview Janie Harvey Garner, RN. Janie is the founder and current executive director of the nursing community Show Me Your Stethoscope. She has also participated in the Northeastern University Nurse Hackathon as a guest speaker, where she further emphasized the importance of nurse-led innovation. The post Show Me Your Stethoscope Founder Nurse Janie Harvey Garner appeared first on Johnson & Johnson Notes on Nursing Live.2018-10-26T20:24:45Z
- Speak for Myself® Patient Communication App with Nurse Rebecca KoszalinskiWe talk app development by nurses to improve patient outcomes and communication in this episode of Notes on Nursing Live. I interview nurse and innovative app developer Rebecca Koszalinski, PhD, RN, CRRN, CMSRN. Rebecca is an assistant professor at the University of Tennessee Knoxville College of Nursing and inventor of the Speak for Myself® app. The post Speak for Myself® Patient Communication App with Nurse Rebecca Koszalinski appeared first on Johnson & Johnson Notes on Nursing Live.2018-09-19T19:57:24Z
- Virtual Reality CPR Training with Nurse Marion LearyTalking resuscitation research and virtual reality CPR training in this episode of Nursing Notes Live with nurse innovator Marion Leary, RN, MSN, MPH, FAHA. Marion is the director of innovation research for the Center for Resuscitation Science at the University of Pennsylvania, as well as an innovation specialist and course director at the University of Pennsylvania's School of Nursing. The post Virtual Reality CPR Training with Nurse Marion Leary appeared first on Johnson & Johnson Notes on Nursing Live.2018-08-31T06:05:04Z
- Award Winning Nurse Inventor Rachel Walker on Nurses and InnovationNurse inventor and activist Rachel Walker, Ph.D., RN is the guest in this episode of Nursing Notes Live. Rachel is an assistant professor in the University of Massachusetts-Amherst College of Nursing, where her scholarship is grounded in her experiences as a rural emergency medical and disaster relief worker, U.S. Peace Corps volunteer, and oncology nurse. The post Award Winning Nurse Inventor Rachel Walker on Nurses and Innovation appeared first on Johnson & Johnson Notes on Nursing Live.2018-08-20T12:12:46Z
- Innovation Thru Nurse Practitioner Led Community Health ClinicsI interview nurse practitioner and healthcare innovator Donna Torrisi in this episode of Nursing Notes Live. Donna is a family nurse practitioner, a graduate of the Robert Wood Johnson Executive Nurse Fellowship Program, and a fellow in the American Academy of Nursing. The post Innovation Thru Nurse Practitioner Led Community Health Clinics appeared first on Johnson & Johnson Notes on Nursing Live.2018-08-06T11:28:12Z
Get inspired by all the latest news and information.
Subscribe to Notes on Nursing