Hackathons provide a fast-paced, high energy, community-building opportunity for a wide spectrum of participants to flex their innovation muscles and solve for some of today’s greatest challenges. While these events have traditionally been geared towards computer scientists and software developers, in recent years nurses, clinicians, and health innovators have started to convene health-challenge inspired events. Today the health hackathon landscape is exciting, rapidly evolving, and nurses are playing a lead role in driving them. In this episode, we learn from health influencers, hackers, and innovators Jane Sarashon-Kahn, MA, MHSA; Chris Recinos, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, NEA-BC; Anthony Scarpone-Lambert, BSN ‘21; and Jennifferre Mancillas, BSN, RN, RNC-NIC about how hackathons have impacted their thinking, skills, lives, career trajectory, as well as the landscape of innovative health solutions and products. And -- why you should register your interest at NurseHack4Health.org.
Have questions for the SEE YOU NOW team? Feedback? Future episode ideas? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guests Featured in this Episode
- Jane Sarasohn-Kahn, MA, MHSA
- Chris Recinos, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, NEA-BC
- Anthony Scarpone-Lambert, BSN ‘21
- Jennifferre Mancillas, BSN, RN
- Marion Leary, RN, MSN, MPH, FAHA
- Rebecca Love RN, MSN, FIEL
- Register to Nurse Hack 4 Health
- Nurse Innovation Hackathon Skills and Resources
- Nurse Innovation 101 Hub
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Health workers know what good care is. Pandemic burnout is getting in the way
- The Lumify Care Story: The Impact of a Nurse Hackathon (video)
- Y Combinator startup Lumify Care, cofounded by a Penn grad, is the accelerator’s first nurse-led team
- HealthPopuli -- A blog covering the health/care ecosystem and people by Jane Sarasohn-Kahn
- HealthConsuming -- From Health Consumer to Health Citizen by Jane Sarasohn-Kahn