See You Now Podcast
61: Reporting Powers: Insights in Action
While the recent pandemic caused devastating loss of life and strained health systems, it also brought into sharp focus nurses’ pivotal role in healthcare and their enormous, and largely untapped potential to shape patient care, rethink how healthcare is organized and where it’s delivered.
Moved by the unprecedented stress and strain on nurses and our health systems, Johnson & Johnson, in partnership with the American Nurses Associationand the American Organization for Nursing Leadership, set out to understand the various ways that the nursing profession evolved amidst the pandemic. From the stories and data emerged the pointed Accelerating Nursing, Transforming Healthcare report -- one that offers a deeper understanding on how the pandemic transformed nursing practice and how the momentum of these innovations can steer us to a much better and preferred future of the profession.
In this second of a multi-episode series centered on the Accelerating Nursing, Transforming Healthcare report we go behind the scenes on a “listening adventure” and hear how the pandemic changed people’s access to care, their care needs, and the impact on the well-being of the healthcare workforce, and learn through thought-provoking stories, experiences, and fine details how three nurse changemakers are weaving the needed innovations into their organizations, care delivery, and workforce to Accelerate Nursing and Transform Healthcare.
- Julie Kennedy-Oehlert, DNP, RN Chief Experience Officer,Vidant Health
- Dallas Ducar, MSN, APRN and CEO TranshealthNorthampton
- Angela Patterson, DNP, FNP-BC, NEA-BC, FAANP, Vice President, CVS Health and Chief Nurse Practitioner Officer at CVS Minute Clinic
- Lynda Benton Senior Director Strategic Initiatives Global Community Impact Johnson & Johnson
- Accelerating Nursing, Transforming Healthcare Research and HighlightsJohnson & Johnson
- American Nurses Association (ANA) and the American Organization for Nursing Leadership (AONL)
- Look to nurses to help accelerate the transformation of health care - STAT
- Johnson & Johnson Nurses Innovate QuickFire Challenge: COVID-19 Care
- Vidant Health: Changing Healthcare From the Inside Out
- Creating Workplace Equity to Achieve Health Equity
- Transhealth Northampton
- CVS Minute Clinics