Observed during May, National Nurses Month is a call-to-attention, action, and dedicated to highlighting the impact nurses have on people, communities, nations, and the planet. Given that May is also Mental Health Awareness Month, this year we’re particularly mindful of the impact that healthcare has had on nurses; of the specific challenges and dangers nurses have encountered, endured, and continue to endure; and the need to express our appreciation for nurses in terms of bold, urgent, system-level action, support, and investment.
In this episode we learn how a health system’s leadership demonstrates their commitment to the wellbeing and flourishing of their team members; the rather unlikely story of nurses, singing, and stardom; and the surprising healing power of the arts. Special thanks to nurse and tenor singer Winnie Mele, RN, BSN, NE-BC, nurse and soprano singer Keshia Jaboin, RN, BSN, and Allison Lowenfeld from Northwell Health’s corporate marketing team for sharing their story, experience, and voices.
Email us at email@example.com
- National Nurses Month
- Nurses: A Voice to Lead
- Mental Health Awareness Month
- Advancing the Science of Arts, Health & Wellbeing
- The Northwell Health Nurse Choir
- Northwell Health Nurse Choir’s journey to America's Got Talent
- America's Got Talent: Northwell Health Nurse Choir Audition
- Northwell Health Nurse Choir on Instagram