See You Now Podcast
On a daily basis, we trust nurses with billions of dollars of equipment, critical procedures, and our most important assets: the people we love. But they’re doing so much more behind the scenes.
On a daily basis, we trust nurses with billions of dollars of equipment, critical procedures, and our most important assets: the people we love. But they’re doing so much more behind the scenes. More Less
SEE YOU NOW is a podcast that shines a light on the real people changing the status quo in health: from nurses working in labor & delivery, with infectious diseases, and in hospice; to nurse allies in politics, business and tech. Created in collaboration with Johnson & Johnson and the American Nurses Association.
Listen to our Trailer
Listen to the SEE YOU NOW Podcast & Earn Free CNE
Curated SEE YOU NOW podcast bundles offer four free Continuing Nursing Education credits each. Download the bundled listening tracks via the American Nurses Association's website.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 1 - Culture & Mindset
There is no shortage of headlines about healthcare’s challenges. As we begin a new year, we’re encouraged by the beacons, the health organizations listening, taking action, and evolving to create workplace environments where people thrive. So, what’s working in healthcare? Across three episodes focused on redesigning work, we’ll hear how change is in the air as new models and mindsets are embraced, revolutionizing hiring, mentorship, career planning, and more.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 2 - Workforce
In this second episode of our series on redesigning work, we meet Iman Abuzeid, the co-founder and CEO of Incredible Health, a rapidly growing tech-enabled company revolutionizing the nursing career marketplace. Iman shares insights on what nurses are seeking, and need, to provide impactful care, how to build workplace cultures that actually serve and support nurses, and how curated career experiences drive nurses’ professional advancement, stabilize the workforce, and bring joy back to nursing.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 3 - Workplaces
In this third and final episode of this series, we hear from four forward thinking nurse executives – Kathy Howell, Chief Nurse Executive, UCHealth, Maureen Sintich, Chief Nurse Executive, Inova Health System, Maggie Swietlik Chief Nursing Informatics Officer, Inova Health System, and Kathleen Sanford, Chief Nursing Officer, CommonSpirit Health. These leaders are listening, and flexing their creativity, innovation and influence to design and build careers for their workforces that are flexible, flourishing, advancing and resulting in environments where nurses thrive in and outside of the workplace.
SEE YOU NOW Episodes
Sort by: Tag
American Psychiatric Nurses Association (1)
Community Healthcare (1)
Environment and Health (26)
Health & Technology (13)
Health Equity / Diversity (34)
Health Systems (38)
Healthcare Innovation (2)
Nurse Entrepreneurs (4)
Nurse Leaders (35)
Nurse Stories (25)
Nursing Associations (2)
Nursing Education (10)
Nursing Specialties (4)
Oncology Nurse (2)
Policy and Practice (16)
Primary Care and Access to It (10)
Protecting the Workforce (15)
Rooting Out Racism in Healthcare (7)
Technology-driven Care (19)
Wellbeing & Mental Health (37)
Women's / Maternal Health (4)
Workforce Diversity (15)
Workplace Culture (15)
- 2023-05-19T18:07:43.175Z| 56 minA common stereotype of aging is an era of decline and shrinking horizons. The reality is far more nuanced. The process of aging isn’t uniform and many will find their health and functional trajectories widening as they get older. In fact some, like President Joe Biden or pioneering nurse-midwife Ruth Lubic, won’t make their greatest contributions until their later years. A key to healthy aging is maintaining or improving your health, which for our oldest adults, largely falls outside of healthcare facilities. For many, health allows us to feel safe wherever we are.More
- 2023-03-08T13:47:26.123Z| 55 minIn celebration of International Women’s Day, and Women’s History Month, enjoy this episode, where we meet nurse innovators Ravenne Aponte, BA, BSN and Joanna Seltzer Uribe, RN, MSN, EdD (c) and their quest to introduce you to, in fun and sticky ways, NursesYouShouldKnow – and more importantly – WHY we should know them.More
- 2023-03-01T00:11:52.294Z| 39 minDespite decades of growing interest in improving Black men’s health and the health disparities affecting them, the health of Black men consistently ranks lowest across nearly all groups in the United States. As part of a Stories from Heart of Health event held in New York City in the middle of the U.N. General Assembly, Julius Johnson, DNP, RN, FNP-BC, a Nurse Practitioner, educator, and football coach, shared his stories and approaches supporting Black men’s health.More
- 2022-06-22T19:36:24.586Z| 46 minIn this episode, we hear the musings of nurses Leslie Oleck, president of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA), Linda Groah, the CEO/Executive Director of the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN), and April Kapu, president of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) about the unique value their specialties bring to the healthcare system as a whole.More
- 2022-03-07T21:59:49.194Z| 23 minWithin minutes, the now-iconic images and video footage of critical care nurse Sandra Lindsay receiving a COVID-19 jab administered by fellow nurse Michelle Chester, DNP began circulating in media outlets around the globe and along with it a high-profile opportunity to reach others, inspire them, and build their vaccine confidence.More
- 2021-06-18T20:14:06.384Z| 45 minIn this special edition of SEE YOU NOW, we’re honoring our very first national Juneteenth holiday. As a podcast focused on how nurse-led innovation is strengthening our healthcare systems and transforming lives, we’re marking this historic moment with a health equity playlist to amplify and elevate the scholarship, innovation, leadership, and contributions of Black nurses toward building healthier communities, families, and experiences.More
- 2021-05-27T22:50:19.062Z| 55 minA common stereotype of aging is an era of decline and shrinking horizons. The reality is far more nuanced. The process of aging isn’t uniform and many will find their health and functional trajectories widening as they get older. In fact some, like President Joe Biden or pioneering nurse-midwife Ruth Lubic, won’t make their greatest contributions until their later years. A key to healthy aging is maintaining or improving your health, which for our oldest adults, largely falls outside of healthcare facilities. For many, health allows us to feel safe wherever we are.More
- 2021-05-24T15:47:49.719Z| 56 minHow do you build, staff, and stand up an online psychiatry and therapy office over the course of 45 days? And in a pandemic, no less? For Lavender founders and seasoned entrepreneurs Pritma Dhillon Chattha, DNP MHA RN and Brighid Gannon, DNP, PMHNP-BC it was experiencing first-hand how the pandemic was moving every aspect of our lives online at lightning speed; hearing from colleagues seeking mental health support the countless difficulties they encountered navigating and accessing services; and having the business skills and entrepreneurial experience to seize the moment to design and deliver much needed innovation in the psychiatric care.More
- 2021-05-07T19:56:43.012Z| 36 minThis Mother’s Day, as we celebrate and honor the moms/mums/aunts/aunties/grandmothers and maternal figures in our lives, we must also acknowledge the ongoing maternal health crisis in the United States. It is a crisis that Representative and Nurse Lauren Underwood (D-IL-14) understands well, especially its severe impact on Black mothers. Marrying her nursing background with a genuine enthusiasm for the power of policy to improve and save lives, she co-founded the Black Maternal Health Caucus and introduced The Black Maternal Health Momnibus Act of 2021.More
- 2021-03-26T21:40:11.596Z| 58 minThere is a growing body of evidence and experience supporting our understanding of and investing in the social determinants and drivers of health—the conditions in which people are born, grow, live, work and age. We’re seeing that manifest with a wide range of innovations in every corner of our healthcare delivery system, including innovations in health plans, health insurance, and payment and delivery models. In this episode, meet nurse and health plan innovator Karen Dale, MSN, RN, Market President and CEO for AmeriHealth Caritas, and dive deep into the details of how innovations in health plans and health insurance can and should focus on getting you care, helping you stay well and build healthy communities.More
The SEE YOU NOW Team
Contact the SEE YOU NOW Team
Questions? Comments? Feedback? We love to hear from our listeners.
Meet Shawna Butler: Host of the SEE YOU NOW Podcast, Nurse Advocate, and More
Shawna Butler, RN, MBA is a nurse economist, health tech catalyst, host of the SEE YOU NOW podcast, and above all—a relentless advocate for nurses everywhere. We spoke with Shawna about her career path, how she leverages her nursing expertise in a wide range of roles, and why she is so enthusiastic about the SEE YOU NOW podcast.
Nurses You Should Know: Helping Change the Nursing Narrative
Nurses of color have long-shaped the nursing profession and transformed healthcare, but their stories are underrepresented in the broader nursing narrative. A new nurse-led project, “Nurses You Should Know,” is using storytelling to help close the representation gap by amplifying their contributions.
A Year of Igniting Nurse-Led Innovation with the SEE YOU NOW Podcast
How has the first year of the SEE YOU NOW podcast series helped amplify nurse innovation? Oriana Beaudet, DNP, RN, PHN, Vice President of Nursing Innovation for the American Nurses Association, celebrates an inspiring and innovative year and shares her biggest takeaways from the series in a new featured article.