See You Now Podcast
On a daily basis, we trust nurses with billions of dollars of equipment, critical procedures, and our most important assets: the people we love. But they’re doing so much more behind the scenes.
On a daily basis, we trust nurses with billions of dollars of equipment, critical procedures, and our most important assets: the people we love. But they’re doing so much more behind the scenes. More Less
SEE YOU NOW is a podcast that shines a light on the real people changing the status quo in health: from nurses working in labor & delivery, with infectious diseases, and in hospice; to nurse allies in politics, business and tech. Created in collaboration with Johnson & Johnson and the American Nurses Association.
Listen to our Trailer
Listen to the SEE YOU NOW Podcast & Earn Free CNE
Curated SEE YOU NOW podcast bundles offer four free Continuing Nursing Education credits each. Download the bundled listening tracks via the American Nurses Association's website.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 1 - Culture & Mindset
There is no shortage of headlines about healthcare’s challenges. As we begin a new year, we’re encouraged by the beacons, the health organizations listening, taking action, and evolving to create workplace environments where people thrive. So, what’s working in healthcare? Across three episodes focused on redesigning work, we’ll hear how change is in the air as new models and mindsets are embraced, revolutionizing hiring, mentorship, career planning, and more.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 2 - Workforce
In this second episode of our series on redesigning work, we meet Iman Abuzeid, the co-founder and CEO of Incredible Health, a rapidly growing tech-enabled company revolutionizing the nursing career marketplace. Iman shares insights on what nurses are seeking, and need, to provide impactful care, how to build workplace cultures that actually serve and support nurses, and how curated career experiences drive nurses’ professional advancement, stabilize the workforce, and bring joy back to nursing.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 3 - Workplaces
In this third and final episode of this series, we hear from four forward thinking nurse executives – Kathy Howell, Chief Nurse Executive, UCHealth, Maureen Sintich, Chief Nurse Executive, Inova Health System, Maggie Swietlik Chief Nursing Informatics Officer, Inova Health System, and Kathleen Sanford, Chief Nursing Officer, CommonSpirit Health. These leaders are listening, and flexing their creativity, innovation and influence to design and build careers for their workforces that are flexible, flourishing, advancing and resulting in environments where nurses thrive in and outside of the workplace.
SEE YOU NOW Episodes
Sort by: Tag
American Psychiatric Nurses Association (1)
Community Healthcare (1)
Environment and Health (26)
Health & Technology (13)
Health Equity / Diversity (34)
Health Systems (38)
Healthcare Innovation (2)
Nurse Entrepreneurs (4)
Nurse Leaders (35)
Nurse Stories (25)
Nursing Associations (2)
Nursing Education (10)
Nursing Specialties (4)
Oncology Nurse (2)
Policy and Practice (16)
Primary Care and Access to It (10)
Protecting the Workforce (15)
Rooting Out Racism in Healthcare (7)
Technology-driven Care (19)
Wellbeing & Mental Health (37)
Women's / Maternal Health (4)
Workforce Diversity (15)
Workplace Culture (15)
- 2023-05-30T19:22:11.541Z| 50 minIn this episode, we learn from nurse Ashley Sharma, RN and physician Tim Mercer, MD, MPH, of the Mobile Medical and Mental Health (M3) Team in Austin, Texas about their high-touch approach to caring for people facing the triple threat of chronic homelessness, medical and mental health conditions, and how – in the face of clinicians wearing down from navigating fragmented health systems and departing the workforce – this collaborative, integrated care approach strengthens a sense of purpose and impact for clinicians.More
- 2022-08-08T14:59:42.380Z| 1 hr 3 minWith ballot measures and elections taking place throughout the country, we’re resharing this important conversation as part of the Civic Health Month and the nationwide effort to expand and normalize healthcare settings as community touchpoints for voter access and engagement and learning from the experiences and insights of three civic health innovators Nurse Elizabeth Cohn, Physician Alister Martin, and Community Organizer Aliya Bhatia who provide compelling evidence and data for why health is always on the ballot, and healthcare settings and healthcare professionals are particularly effective messengers and catalysts for voter engagement.More
- 2023-06-19T14:05:05.930Z| 53 minIn Part I, Shawna Butler, RN MBA and co-host Lucinda Canty, PhD, CNM, FACNM engage in thoughtful and forthright dialog with Cheryl Peterson, MSN, RN about the ANA’s Racial Reckoning Statement; how it led to the creation of the National Commission to Address Racism in Nursing; and the work the ANA has committed to in moving forward to antiracist practices, policies, and nursing profession.More
- 2021-07-30T18:15:13.282Z| 1 hr 5 minIn this episode, as part of the growing Civic Health movement and its nationwide effort to expand and normalize healthcare settings as community touchpoints for voter access and engagement, we’re taking a closer listen to the experiences and insights of three civic health innovators who provide compelling evidence and data for why healthcare settings and healthcare professionals are particularly effective messengers and catalysts for voter engagement. Together, they have collectively created and built NursesWhoVote, Democracy at Discharge, Vot-ER, and the Healthy Democracy Kit.More
- 2023-06-09T18:17:17.687Z| 49 minAs we celebrate, support, and proudly show our colors during #PrideMonth, we’re reconnecting with nurse Dallas Ducar, founder and CEO of Transhealth to discuss the ever-increasing health disparities facing the LGBTQIA+ community, especially with the dramatic rise in laws attacking and limiting access to gender-affirming care.More
- 2023-06-30T17:55:24.790Z| 17 minIn this Moment of Awareness, Nurse Practitioner and researcher Timiya Nolan, PhD, APRN-CNP, ANP-BC describes her research as a “work of love” to young Black women, how representation allows research to move from academia to practice, and the power clinicians have in addressing disparities in care through partnership and collaboration with communities.More
- 2023-05-01T19:05:22.072Z| 52 minCelebrate National Nurses Month with this powerful, inspiring conversation with journalist and critically acclaimed author Sarah DiGregorio. In her new book, Taking Care: The Story of Nursing and Its Power to Change Our World, DiGregorio chronicles the history and power of nursing to create a healthier, more just world and make an urgent call for change in how we value and harness nursing expertise; and in this conversation, she explores and celebrates the breadth of knowledge, wisdom, and innovation that flourishes across nursing, with guests Tobi Ash, MBA, BSN, RN; Roxana Chicas, PhD, RN; Katie Huffling, DNP, RN, CNM, FAAN; and Sherri Wilson, DNP, MPA, RN.More
- 2023-05-11T20:58:07.020Z| 45 minIn this conversation, hear from nurse Gretchen Berlin, RN, and McKinsey's Thomas London, MBA, Robin Roark, MD, MBA, and Senthu Arumugam, MBA, about the findings from a McKinsey survey to explore why nurses are considering leaving their roles, what energizes them to keep going, and how nurses around the world are eager to innovate and deliver care in different and better ways to solve what has become a consequential global problem.More
- 2023-04-21T22:32:35.111Z| 46 minAccording to the United Nations, climate change is the single biggest health threat facing humanity. We see it every day in headlines, research, and outside of our windows. As public health leaders and climate first responders, nurses are often the first to witness the impact of climate change on people’s health and livelihoods, as well as its disruption to the ability of our healthcare systems to respond.More
The SEE YOU NOW Team
Contact the SEE YOU NOW Team
Questions? Comments? Feedback? We love to hear from our listeners.
Meet Shawna Butler: Host of the SEE YOU NOW Podcast, Nurse Advocate, and More
Shawna Butler, RN, MBA is a nurse economist, health tech catalyst, host of the SEE YOU NOW podcast, and above all—a relentless advocate for nurses everywhere. We spoke with Shawna about her career path, how she leverages her nursing expertise in a wide range of roles, and why she is so enthusiastic about the SEE YOU NOW podcast.
Nurses You Should Know: Helping Change the Nursing Narrative
Nurses of color have long-shaped the nursing profession and transformed healthcare, but their stories are underrepresented in the broader nursing narrative. A new nurse-led project, “Nurses You Should Know,” is using storytelling to help close the representation gap by amplifying their contributions.
A Year of Igniting Nurse-Led Innovation with the SEE YOU NOW Podcast
How has the first year of the SEE YOU NOW podcast series helped amplify nurse innovation? Oriana Beaudet, DNP, RN, PHN, Vice President of Nursing Innovation for the American Nurses Association, celebrates an inspiring and innovative year and shares her biggest takeaways from the series in a new featured article.