See You Now Podcast
On a daily basis, we trust nurses with billions of dollars of equipment, critical procedures, and our most important assets: the people we love. But they’re doing so much more behind the scenes.
On a daily basis, we trust nurses with billions of dollars of equipment, critical procedures, and our most important assets: the people we love. But they’re doing so much more behind the scenes. More Less
SEE YOU NOW is a podcast that shines a light on the real people changing the status quo in health: from nurses working in labor & delivery, with infectious diseases, and in hospice; to nurse allies in politics, business and tech. Created in collaboration with Johnson & Johnson and the American Nurses Association.
Listen to our Trailer
- In celebration of Black History Month, take a moment to listen to our 100th episode, The Untold Story of the Black Angels, the powerful story of remarkable Black nurses who helped cure tuberculosis, recorded live with the last living Black Angel, Virginia Allen.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 1 - Culture & Mindset
There is no shortage of headlines about healthcare’s challenges. Across three episodes focused on redesigning work, we’ll hear how change is in the air as new models and mindsets are embraced, revolutionizing hiring, mentorship, career planning, and more.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 2 - Workforce
In this second episode of our series on redesigning work, we meet Iman Abuzeid, the co-founder and CEO of Incredible Health, a rapidly growing tech-enabled company revolutionizing the nursing career marketplace.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 3 - Workplaces
In this third and final episode of this series, we hear from four forward thinking nurse executives – Kathy Howell, Chief Nurse Executive, UCHealth, Maureen Sintich, Chief Nurse Executive, Inova Health System, Maggie Swietlik Chief Nursing Informatics Officer, Inova Health System, and Kathleen Sanford, Chief Nursing Officer, CommonSpirit Health.
SEE YOU NOW Episodes
Sort by: Tag
American Psychiatric Nurses Association (1)
Community Healthcare (1)
Environment and Health (26)
Health & Technology (14)
Health Equity / Diversity (39)
Health Systems (40)
Healthcare Innovation (2)
Nurse Entrepreneurs (4)
Nurse Leaders (36)
Nurse Stories (27)
Nursing Associations (3)
Nursing Education (10)
Nursing Specialties (4)
Oncology Nurse (2)
Policy and Practice (16)
Primary Care and Access to It (10)
Protecting the Workforce (16)
Rooting Out Racism in Healthcare (8)
Technology-driven Care (19)
Wellbeing & Mental Health (38)
Women's / Maternal Health (4)
Workforce Diversity (19)
Workplace Culture (18)
- 2024-02-08T15:00:53.312Z| 58 minRecorded live at the 2023 DNPs of Color conference, hear from five extraordinary nurse leaders who are shifting entrenched power dynamics and blazing new trails of opportunity for nurses of color and the profession as a whole.More
- 2023-12-13T20:03:41.192Z| 55 minFrom our first episode, SEE YOU NOW has been focused on trailblazers, changemakers and pioneers, and our 100th episode features a nurse who embodies these values. Virginia Allen, LPN is the last known living Black Angel, part of a group of Black nurses recruited from the Jim Crow South whose tireless efforts led to a cure for tuberculosis, a disease responsible for nearly 18% of New York City deaths in the early 1900s. This story follows the Black Angels who, for twenty years, risked their lives working under dreadful conditions while caring for the city’s poorest and played a major role in desegregating New York City hospitals along with nursing practice, education, and professional associations including the American Nurses Association.More
- 2023-11-30T19:57:59.992Z| 51 minA choir for nurses, art tours for clinicians, on-demand meditation for all healthcare workers. In this episode, we’re sharing a panel discussion recorded live at Aspen Ideas: Health, hosted by Jon LaPook, MD and featuring Winnie Mele, RN, David Ko, and Eric Wei, MD, to learn how clinical settings are testing support and wellness interventions to boost emotional health and tame the widespread stress and burnout among nurses, physicians and all healthcare providers that intensified during the COVID-19 pandemic and continues to strain so many. Clinical staff are reporting remarkable improvements in morale and motivation from these creative approaches. Effective patient care is best delivered by a compassionate care team, and that means designing programs to heal the healers.More
- 2023-07-26T18:40:02.041Z| 18 minAs the temperatures rise and vacations are afoot, there's no better time to indulge in uninterrupted hours of podcast listening. And to make your listening easy, enjoyable, and thoughtful we’ve created a Summer SEE YOU NOW Playlist!More
- 2023-05-19T18:07:43.175Z| 56 minA common stereotype of aging is an era of decline and shrinking horizons. The reality is far more nuanced. The process of aging isn’t uniform and many will find their health and functional trajectories widening as they get older. In fact some, like President Joe Biden or pioneering nurse-midwife Ruth Lubic, won’t make their greatest contributions until their later years. A key to healthy aging is maintaining or improving your health, which for our oldest adults, largely falls outside of healthcare facilities. For many, health allows us to feel safe wherever we are.More
- 2022-10-21T22:16:50.166Z| 45 minIn this episode we meet nurses Gaurdia Banister, PhD, RN and Hiyam Nadel, MBA, CCG RN who are building a culture of inquiry for a health system globally recognized for innovation. We learn how innovation serves as an essential tool for listening and learning from the frontline and caring for the staff’s wellbeing and career fulfillment, and how problem-solving can be transformative for an entire institution.More
- 2022-07-30T15:49:55.657Z| 56 minThe well-being of our healthcare workforce -- specifically nurses -- took center stage at Aspen as a global priority. In an expert panel discussion led by SEE YOU NOW host and nurse Shawna Butler, we talk candidly about "Healthcare in Critical Condition: Who Cares When Nurses Leave?"More
- 2022-03-23T21:03:45.342Z| 51 minIn this episode, we meet nurse Cassie Choi and engineer Neil Batlivala, two mission-driven founders of the healthtech startup Pair Team, who built a remote, tech-enabled clinical team to provide virtual assistance and automation of clinical operations, care coordination, and outreach activities -- so onsite primary care teams can build trust and focus on what really matters: people, relationships, and health.More
- 2022-02-14T22:41:53Z| 1 hr 2 minIn this episode we meet Jennifer and Corey Feist, co-founders of the Dr. Lorna Breen Heroes' Foundation, US Senator Tim Kaine, co-sponsor of the Dr. Lorna Breen Health Care Provider Protection Act, and nurse and researcher Christopher Friese, a national authority on the nursing workforce and healthcare workplace safety to learn about ending the culture of fear regarding seeking mental health support within healthcare, the urgent need for healthcare organizations to build cultures that protect our healers, the importance of making sure that our workforces feels valued and supported at work, and the need to take care of each other and the vulnerabilities that we all have.More
- 2021-12-17T22:58:51.013Z| 56 minWhile the recent pandemic caused devastating loss of life and strained health systems, it also brought into sharp focus nurses’ pivotal role in healthcare and their enormous, and largely untapped potential to shape patient care, rethink how healthcare is organized, and where it’s delivered.More
Contact the SEE YOU NOW Team
Questions? Comments? Feedback? We love to hear from our listeners.
Meet Shawna Butler: Host of the SEE YOU NOW Podcast, Nurse Advocate, and More
Shawna Butler, RN, MBA is a nurse economist, health tech catalyst, host of the SEE YOU NOW podcast, and above all—a relentless advocate for nurses everywhere. We spoke with Shawna about her career path, how she leverages her nursing expertise in a wide range of roles, and why she is so enthusiastic about the SEE YOU NOW podcast.
Nurses You Should Know: Helping Change the Nursing Narrative
Nurses of color have long-shaped the nursing profession and transformed healthcare, but their stories are underrepresented in the broader nursing narrative. A new nurse-led project, “Nurses You Should Know,” is using storytelling to help close the representation gap by amplifying their contributions.
A Year of Igniting Nurse-Led Innovation with the SEE YOU NOW Podcast
How has the first year of the SEE YOU NOW podcast series helped amplify nurse innovation? Oriana Beaudet, DNP, RN, PHN, Vice President of Nursing Innovation for the American Nurses Association, celebrates an inspiring and innovative year and shares her biggest takeaways from the series in a new featured article.