See You Now Podcast
On a daily basis, we trust nurses with billions of dollars of equipment, critical procedures, and our most important assets: the people we love. But they’re doing so much more behind the scenes.
On a daily basis, we trust nurses with billions of dollars of equipment, critical procedures, and our most important assets: the people we love. But they’re doing so much more behind the scenes. More Less
SEE YOU NOW is a podcast that shines a light on the real people changing the status quo in health: from nurses working in labor & delivery, with infectious diseases, and in hospice; to nurse allies in politics, business and tech. Created in collaboration with Johnson & Johnson and the American Nurses Association.
Listen to our Trailer
Listen to the SEE YOU NOW Podcast & Earn Free CNE
Curated SEE YOU NOW podcast bundles offer four free Continuing Nursing Education credits each. Download the bundled listening tracks via the American Nurses Association's website.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 1 - Culture & Mindset
There is no shortage of headlines about healthcare’s challenges. As we begin a new year, we’re encouraged by the beacons, the health organizations listening, taking action, and evolving to create workplace environments where people thrive. So, what’s working in healthcare? Across three episodes focused on redesigning work, we’ll hear how change is in the air as new models and mindsets are embraced, revolutionizing hiring, mentorship, career planning, and more.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 2 - Workforce
In this second episode of our series on redesigning work, we meet Iman Abuzeid, the co-founder and CEO of Incredible Health, a rapidly growing tech-enabled company revolutionizing the nursing career marketplace. Iman shares insights on what nurses are seeking, and need, to provide impactful care, how to build workplace cultures that actually serve and support nurses, and how curated career experiences drive nurses’ professional advancement, stabilize the workforce, and bring joy back to nursing.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 3 - Workplaces
In this third and final episode of this series, we hear from four forward thinking nurse executives – Kathy Howell, Chief Nurse Executive, UCHealth, Maureen Sintich, Chief Nurse Executive, Inova Health System, Maggie Swietlik Chief Nursing Informatics Officer, Inova Health System, and Kathleen Sanford, Chief Nursing Officer, CommonSpirit Health. These leaders are listening, and flexing their creativity, innovation and influence to design and build careers for their workforces that are flexible, flourishing, advancing and resulting in environments where nurses thrive in and outside of the workplace.
SEE YOU NOW Episodes
Sort by: Tag
American Psychiatric Nurses Association (1)
Community Healthcare (1)
Environment and Health (26)
Health & Technology (13)
Health Equity / Diversity (34)
Health Systems (38)
Healthcare Innovation (2)
Nurse Entrepreneurs (4)
Nurse Leaders (35)
Nurse Stories (25)
Nursing Associations (2)
Nursing Education (10)
Nursing Specialties (4)
Oncology Nurse (2)
Policy and Practice (16)
Primary Care and Access to It (10)
Protecting the Workforce (15)
Rooting Out Racism in Healthcare (7)
Technology-driven Care (19)
Wellbeing & Mental Health (37)
Women's / Maternal Health (4)
Workforce Diversity (15)
Workplace Culture (15)
- 2023-09-19T15:45:26.255Z| 34 minIn recognition of the vital link between health and voting and a reminder to verify your voter registration and help others to do the same, we’re having another listen to an earlier episode with public health nurse and Delaware Lt Governor Bethany Hall-Long, where we discover how clinical practice, nursing expertise and research, and voting are critical drivers of influencing, passing, and enacting legislation to keep citizens, our environment, and our economy healthy.More
- 2023-05-11T20:58:07.020Z| 45 minIn this conversation, hear from nurse Gretchen Berlin, RN, and McKinsey's Thomas London, MBA, Robin Roark, MD, MBA, and Senthu Arumugam, MBA, about the findings from a McKinsey survey to explore why nurses are considering leaving their roles, what energizes them to keep going, and how nurses around the world are eager to innovate and deliver care in different and better ways to solve what has become a consequential global problem.More
- 2023-05-01T19:05:22.072Z| 52 minCelebrate National Nurses Month with this powerful, inspiring conversation with journalist and critically acclaimed author Sarah DiGregorio. In her new book, Taking Care: The Story of Nursing and Its Power to Change Our World, DiGregorio chronicles the history and power of nursing to create a healthier, more just world and make an urgent call for change in how we value and harness nursing expertise; and in this conversation, she explores and celebrates the breadth of knowledge, wisdom, and innovation that flourishes across nursing, with guests Tobi Ash, MBA, BSN, RN; Roxana Chicas, PhD, RN; Katie Huffling, DNP, RN, CNM, FAAN; and Sherri Wilson, DNP, MPA, RN.More
- 2022-05-24T20:42:35.548Z| 45 minSamantha Roecker, RN has a “track record” (pun intended) of breaking many barriers and stereotypes and her success in competitive running combined with her experience as a nurse drove her to combine her passions to raise awareness and drive change for nurses. In this episode, we talk with Samantha about the impact stigma has on nurses’ ability to reach their full potential, what really defines a nurse, the power of mental health support, and the surprising overlap between nursing and competitive running.More
- 2022-05-12T22:51:49.746Z| 44 minInternational Nurses Day is an important opportunity to check the pulse of nurses around the world, especially in 2022. Nurses have given their all in the response to pandemics, natural disasters, and in war zones, in leading mass COVID-19 testing and vaccination efforts, and in completely redesigning how and where care is delivered. The value of nurses has never been more clear. Nor could it be any clearer that not enough is being done to protect nurses and other health workers, tragically underscored by the more than 180,000 health worker deaths due to COVID-19 and the alarming increase of mental health conditions and concerns nurses report.More
- 2022-05-06T17:18:04.821Z| 51 minIn this episode, we learn how a health system’s leadership demonstrates their commitment to the wellbeing and flourishing of their team members; the rather unlikely story of nurses, singing, and stardom; and the surprising healing power of the arts. Special thanks to nurse and tenor singer Winnie Mele, RN, BSN, NE-BC, nurse and soprano singer Keshia Jaboin, RN, BSN , and Allison Lowenfeld from Northwell Health’s corporate marketing team for sharing their story, experience, and voices.More
- 2022-02-28T21:55:41.501Z| 52 minIn this episode, we meet nurse innovators Ravenne Aponte, BA, BSN and Joanna Seltzer Uribe, RN, MSN, EdD (c) and their quest to introduce you to, in fun and sticky ways, NursesYouShouldKnow -- and more importantly -- WHY we should know them.More
- 2021-11-23T19:46:20.763Z| 46 minIn this second of a multi-episode series centered on the Accelerating Nursing, Transforming Healthcare report we go behind the scenes on a “listening adventure” and hear how the pandemic changed people’s access to care, their care needs, and the impact on the well-being of the healthcare workforce, and learn through thought-provoking stories, experiences, and fine details how three nurse changemakers are weaving the needed innovations into their organizations, care delivery, and workforce to Accelerate Nursing and Transform Healthcare.More
- 2021-11-01T21:19:51.713Z| 39 minVaccines and vaccination—they’ve become one of the hottest topics of public discourse. Indeed, the Oxford Languages 2021 Word of the Year is Vax. As their pun-filled news release notes, "more than any other word, 'vax' has injected itself into the bloodstream of the English language in 2021.” With regulatory approval of a COVID vaccine for kids ages 5-11, COVID boosters for adults 65 and older and those at a higher risk for COVID, and the World Health Organization recommending widespread use of a long-awaited malaria vaccine for children, there is much vaccine progress and science to celebrate and understand.More
- 2021-10-15T19:24:18.465Z| 48 minPeople newly diagnosed and living with chronic conditions increasingly turn to technology, the internet and social media seeking information and education, to share clinical information and the latest research, to receive and provide support, and to share solutions and resources. In the spirit of “meeting people where they are,” clinicians are following and joining patients in these social spaces, learning a lot -- and together -- are improving health.More
The SEE YOU NOW Team
Contact the SEE YOU NOW Team
Questions? Comments? Feedback? We love to hear from our listeners.
Meet Shawna Butler: Host of the SEE YOU NOW Podcast, Nurse Advocate, and More
Shawna Butler, RN, MBA is a nurse economist, health tech catalyst, host of the SEE YOU NOW podcast, and above all—a relentless advocate for nurses everywhere. We spoke with Shawna about her career path, how she leverages her nursing expertise in a wide range of roles, and why she is so enthusiastic about the SEE YOU NOW podcast.
Nurses You Should Know: Helping Change the Nursing Narrative
Nurses of color have long-shaped the nursing profession and transformed healthcare, but their stories are underrepresented in the broader nursing narrative. A new nurse-led project, “Nurses You Should Know,” is using storytelling to help close the representation gap by amplifying their contributions.
A Year of Igniting Nurse-Led Innovation with the SEE YOU NOW Podcast
How has the first year of the SEE YOU NOW podcast series helped amplify nurse innovation? Oriana Beaudet, DNP, RN, PHN, Vice President of Nursing Innovation for the American Nurses Association, celebrates an inspiring and innovative year and shares her biggest takeaways from the series in a new featured article.