See You Now Podcast
On a daily basis, we trust nurses with billions of dollars of equipment, critical procedures, and our most important assets: the people we love. But they’re doing so much more behind the scenes.
On a daily basis, we trust nurses with billions of dollars of equipment, critical procedures, and our most important assets: the people we love. But they’re doing so much more behind the scenes. More Less
SEE YOU NOW is a podcast that shines a light on the real people changing the status quo in health: from nurses working in labor & delivery, with infectious diseases, and in hospice; to nurse allies in politics, business and tech. Created in collaboration with Johnson & Johnson and the American Nurses Association.
Listen to our Trailer
Redesigning Work Series: Part 1 - Culture & Mindset
There is no shortage of headlines about healthcare’s challenges. Across three episodes focused on redesigning work, we’ll hear how change is in the air as new models and mindsets are embraced, revolutionizing hiring, mentorship, career planning, and more.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 2 - Workforce
In this second episode of our series on redesigning work, we meet Iman Abuzeid, the co-founder and CEO of Incredible Health, a rapidly growing tech-enabled company revolutionizing the nursing career marketplace.
Redesigning Work Series: Part 3 - Workplaces
In this third and final episode of this series, we hear from four forward thinking nurse executives – Kathy Howell, Chief Nurse Executive, UCHealth, Maureen Sintich, Chief Nurse Executive, Inova Health System, Maggie Swietlik Chief Nursing Informatics Officer, Inova Health System, and Kathleen Sanford, Chief Nursing Officer, CommonSpirit Health.
SEE YOU NOW Episodes
Sort by: Tag
American Psychiatric Nurses Association (1)
Community Healthcare (1)
Environment and Health (26)
Health & Technology (14)
Health Equity / Diversity (37)
Health Systems (40)
Healthcare Innovation (2)
Nurse Entrepreneurs (4)
Nurse Leaders (36)
Nurse Stories (27)
Nursing Associations (3)
Nursing Education (10)
Nursing Specialties (4)
Oncology Nurse (2)
Policy and Practice (16)
Primary Care and Access to It (10)
Protecting the Workforce (16)
Rooting Out Racism in Healthcare (7)
Technology-driven Care (19)
Wellbeing & Mental Health (38)
Women's / Maternal Health (4)
Workforce Diversity (16)
Workplace Culture (16)
- 2023-11-02T14:20:05.333Z| 45 minHomelessness across the U.S. is on the rise. The National Alliance to End Homelessness reports the number of unsheltered and chronically homeless individuals and families has climbed ~6% annually since 2017, and an estimated 582,462 people experienced homelessness across America in 2022. Advocacy groups and researchers say a big driving force is the decline of affordable housing, a problem decades in the making but one that has grown significantly worse in the past few years. And when people lose their homes, housing and shelter, their lives, health, and safety become far more complex and at risk.More
- 2023-10-05T15:53:54.830Z| 47 minIn this episode, we meet Indigenous nurse researcher John Lowe RN, PhD, FAAN, and discover how he is addressing the long-standing structural impediments that have kept American Indian, Alaska Native and Indigenous youth from connecting to their cultural heritage and identities.More
- 2023-09-19T15:45:26.255Z| 34 minIn recognition of the vital link between health and voting and a reminder to verify your voter registration and help others to do the same, we’re having another listen to an earlier episode with public health nurse and Delaware Lt Governor Bethany Hall-Long, where we discover how clinical practice, nursing expertise and research, and voting are critical drivers of influencing, passing, and enacting legislation to keep citizens, our environment, and our economy healthy.More
- 2022-12-02T17:45:22.832Z| 44 minIn this episode, Lauran Hardin, MSN, CNL, FNAP, FAAN, Senior Advisor at National Healthcare & Housing Advisors and Illumination Foundation shares the stories, proven solutions, and care models that are meaningfully improving the health and lives of our most complex community members.More
- 2022-09-23T17:49:48.195Z| 49 minIn this lively panel discussion at the Aspen Ideas: Health conference, led by physician and former NYC Health commissioner Dave Chokshi, MD, seasoned clinicians Sandra Lindsay, RN, MBA, Adrian Billings, MD and Siobhan Wescott, MD MPH speak candidly about the exhaustion, debt, and moral injury plaguing the healthcare workforce; the political, financial, and workforce solutions they advocate for; and in spite of—or because of—the numerous system-level challenges, why working in healthcare remains a rewarding and promising career choice.More
- 2022-09-01T19:24:48.137Z| 1 hr 1 minThis summer, SEE YOU NOW is on the road meeting new ideas and people and sharing stories about what we’ve experienced in a wide range of healthcare encounters. We’re taking you with us to the Aspen Ideas: Health conference to be part of a special evening of stories told from The Point of Care and introduce change makers Vanessa Broadhurst, Erica Plybea, Jabraan Pasha, Ivelyse Andino, Ashlee Wisdom, Erin Athey, and AJ Johnson who deepen our understanding that what powers complex health systems and transforms lives are the humans, relationships, and moments of listening and share how entrepreneurs and innovators are making a world where everyone, everywhere, has access to quality healthcare.More
- 2022-07-30T15:49:55.657Z| 56 minThe well-being of our healthcare workforce -- specifically nurses -- took center stage at Aspen as a global priority. In an expert panel discussion led by SEE YOU NOW host and nurse Shawna Butler, we talk candidly about "Healthcare in Critical Condition: Who Cares When Nurses Leave?"More
- 2022-06-22T19:36:24.586Z| 46 minIn this episode, we hear the musings of nurses Leslie Oleck, president of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA), Linda Groah, the CEO/Executive Director of the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN), and April Kapu, president of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) about the unique value their specialties bring to the healthcare system as a whole.More
- 2021-11-23T19:46:20.763Z| 46 minIn this second of a multi-episode series centered on the Accelerating Nursing, Transforming Healthcare report we go behind the scenes on a “listening adventure” and hear how the pandemic changed people’s access to care, their care needs, and the impact on the well-being of the healthcare workforce, and learn through thought-provoking stories, experiences, and fine details how three nurse changemakers are weaving the needed innovations into their organizations, care delivery, and workforce to Accelerate Nursing and Transform Healthcare.More
- 2021-10-15T19:24:18.465Z| 48 minPeople newly diagnosed and living with chronic conditions increasingly turn to technology, the internet and social media seeking information and education, to share clinical information and the latest research, to receive and provide support, and to share solutions and resources. In the spirit of “meeting people where they are,” clinicians are following and joining patients in these social spaces, learning a lot -- and together -- are improving health.More
Contact the SEE YOU NOW Team
Questions? Comments? Feedback? We love to hear from our listeners.
Meet Shawna Butler: Host of the SEE YOU NOW Podcast, Nurse Advocate, and More
Shawna Butler, RN, MBA is a nurse economist, health tech catalyst, host of the SEE YOU NOW podcast, and above all—a relentless advocate for nurses everywhere. We spoke with Shawna about her career path, how she leverages her nursing expertise in a wide range of roles, and why she is so enthusiastic about the SEE YOU NOW podcast.
Nurses You Should Know: Helping Change the Nursing Narrative
Nurses of color have long-shaped the nursing profession and transformed healthcare, but their stories are underrepresented in the broader nursing narrative. A new nurse-led project, “Nurses You Should Know,” is using storytelling to help close the representation gap by amplifying their contributions.
A Year of Igniting Nurse-Led Innovation with the SEE YOU NOW Podcast
How has the first year of the SEE YOU NOW podcast series helped amplify nurse innovation? Oriana Beaudet, DNP, RN, PHN, Vice President of Nursing Innovation for the American Nurses Association, celebrates an inspiring and innovative year and shares her biggest takeaways from the series in a new featured article.